Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What Constitutes Smut?

As a author of erotically explicit stories or smut as I like to call them, I'm a member of a number of blogs aimed towards authors who write smut stories.

I just did a review on Lisabet Sarai's new eStory D&S Duo and I mentioned that Lisabet was one of the few authors, in my opinion, who actually write smut. That got me to thinking and I decided to expound on that subject.

I write graphic and explicit sex stories that are normally dripping with unmentionable stuff that is a byproduct of sex. While you may not get off on the first page, hopefully you will have pulled your zipper down and are groping around and trying to get your stiffening joint out without scratching it on your zipper.



In the industry we have erotic romance which is typically titillating but not terribly detailed in as far as describing the moans, groans, and exchanging of bodily fluids. Then we have authors that write "erotica" yet no one seems to get laid. One author I know made the statement that he had written 10,000 words and no one had gotten serviced. In 10,000 words? What's up with that?

Lisabet and I don't write that kind of shit! We assume that if you're reading sexually explicit material that you are expecting to find sexually explicit material. That's what I love about Lisabet, she writes sex scenes from a woman's point of view and makes no bones about it.

When you read a story from Lisabet or myself, we expect you to be tugging your pud or diddling yourself as you read. If that's what you like and I hope it is, read our stories and make sure you have a box of Kleenex handy?

You can catch Lisabet's stories on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Lisabet-Sarai/e/B001K8PADS

Or mine, Larry Archer's at: Larry Archer on Amazon.com - http://amazon.com/author/larryarcher

Please note that Amazon sometimes feels that I'm too big of a pervert and has banned some of my stories but luckily for you, get them at SmashWords: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/LarryArcher

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Larry,

    Thanks for the compliment! However, I have to admit that my stories vary a lot, and not all of them are wall to wall sex. I don't think I've ever written 10,000 words without anyone getting any, though.

    I have to say that you've succeeded in your goals with Driving the Stripper Mobile. The night I started reading it I had incredible dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it and it was really great for me also! :)

      Delete
  2. On the other hand - you should read some of MY erotic romance... It might change your mind about the genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do that and I'm sure I'll enjoy your erotic romance. My biggest problem is just having time to read. I go through a lot of "normal" stuff also and it just seems like there is not enough hours in the day. Life gets in the way of life!

      Delete